Tuesday, August 2, 2011

India..... I would like .....

Public Servants

I am a strong believer in India. The land of snake charmers, mystical babas, bollywood stars, corrupt officials, aspirational youth, investment bankers, techies and geeks, social workers (can't miss this) and many more...

However, though this emerging economy has many followers, there are some things that perhaps will continue to act as a deterrant to the country becoming truly a super power. Today I focus on one such issue...  The callous behaviour of some of our 'public servants' who are actually supposed to serve people.

I had to do a police verification for something. The offical at the counter refused to take my documents as he could not undertsand the purpose of this task. He insisted that there is another way of doing this (cant share details here)....  After many rounds of areguments and counterarguments, I was finally suggested to meet a senior official for a second opinion....
The senior official and this official had some round of discussion to evaluate my eligibility for this process.... I almost had to force my way into their discussion trying to convince them that this is the right process.... thankfully had done my homework.

When will we move towards a system where all these details are available online for the public to view and not depend on the mood swings and interpretaions of some people. This process and be easily made into an online request and people having to physically go to an office if the online system does not work for them....

Scope for improvement...... anyone listening.....



No comments:

Post a Comment